A survey conducted by the Indonesian Online booking platform, Pegipegi.com, is providing insights on how the domestic market will come back to life once government travel restrictions are lifted, borders reopened, and airlines recommence full schedules.
As reported by Kompas.com, a Pegipegi.com survey of 900 respondents who replied between 08 June and 12 June 2020 showed the 67% of the Indonesians responding said they were prepared to travel in the “new normal.” The remaining 33% said they had no current plans to travel.
Pegipegi’s chief marketing officer, Serlina Wijaya, said: “We understand that Indonesian society has been trying their best to stay at home and avoid traveling for safety and health reasons. In the new normal transition period, we see an uptick in the number of people ready to travel.”
Among the respondents saying they were ready to travel again, 73% indicated they would travel within the first two months of the start of the “new normal.” The reasons these people gave for travel are family reasons (33%) and simply for a change of scenery (26%). Others who said they would fly within the first two months of the lifting of travel restrictions gave business and education as reasons.
“We understand that Indonesian society has been trying their best to stay at home and avoid traveling for safety and health reasons. In the new normal transition period, we see an uptick in the number of people ready to travel.”
Serlina Wijaya – Pegipegi’s Chief Marketing Officer
Those traveling with a partner or on a solo basis represented 31% of the respondents prepared to fly. Meanwhile, 28% said they would fly as part of an extended family. 9% of the total respondents said they would be traveling with friends.
Touching on the area of consumer behavior, the Pegipegi survey revealed that 47% of Indonesian travelers said price was the deciding factor in making any travel plans. 29% listed the destination’s cleanliness as influencing their decision to travel, while 18% listed liberal refund policies as important.
It appears that “new normal travelers” will be acutely aware of COVID-19 related health and safety protocols when making future travel plans.
Credits to Bali Discovery